Saturday, February 16, 2008

Podcast and video in the library

I looked at the recommended sites: Denver PL, ASU, and others, and think they have some good ideas. For instance we could do a podcast to go along with information about the artist exhibits at Central.

Also I liked the storytime idea at Denver Public. I wonder if we could they put in page turn beeps so the kids could read along? Or maybe make it a captioned video. Are there copyright issues with doing this sort of programming?

This format lends itself to self directed learning; workshops for the public as well as the staff. We have already done one on self serve check out. I can think of many more topics we could teach.

These are great tools. I know we will find lots of library uses for them as soon as we have enough bandwidth so people don’t get discouraged.

No comments: